Well, it's been a while. Here's the last eight months in a nutshell. Reverse chronological order.
- first table read, THE SECRET OF MY SUCCESS. Co-music & lyrics with Michael Mahler. Book by Gordon Greenberg & Steve Rosen. Commissioned by NBC/Universal. More to come!
- WAIT WAIT DON'T KILL ME podcast (Wondery Media Network) (book by Dave Holstein) wins a Webby Award for Best Sound Design/Original Musical Score!
- gala, Court Theatre, Chicago. Music director. Old friends, new friends, and the score of GYPSY.
- WAIT WAIT DON'T KILL ME (book by Dave Holstein) wins a Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Award! Dave gives a witty speech; I give a heartfelt speech; all eat finger foods and rejoice.
- Broadway's Future Songbook Concert, Bruno Walter Auditorium, NY Public Library at Lincoln Center. An evening of my music performed by wonderful friends. This was a special night.
- DIARY OF A WIMPY KID big fat workshop/industry presentations. Co-music & lyrics with Michael Mahler. Book by Kevin Del Aguila. Produced by Kevin McCollum and Fox Stage Productions. Cast of 17, four-piece band, Logic Pro tracks to sweeten the sound, projections, the works. Songs cut, songs re-ordered, tone sharpened.
December 2016-February 2017
- COMEDY OF ERRORS, Hartford Stage. Dromio of Syracuse. Directed by Darko Tresnjak. It's fun to be a twin, and act and dance/Especially when they custom-make your pants.
- WAIT WAIT DON'T KILL ME, the podcast (Wondery Media Network). Five episodes, radioplay-meets-cast album. Book by Dave Holstein, directed by Kevin Laibson. playbill article; all episodes free & downloadable. Three days tracking vocals; two months scoring (100+ stems per episode), mixing, mastering. An intense labor of love; also I know how to make it sound like an orchestra with my computer now.
also, November 2016
- concert, Kennedy Center Millennium Stage. Greg Hildreth, Renée Albulario and I share 60 minutes of material from DAYS LIKE TODAY, NOTHING TO SEE HERE, WAIT WAIT DON'T KILL ME and DIARY OF A WIMPY KID. A very meaningful time to make music in Washington, D.C. and we were grateful for the opportunity. FULL VIDEO HERE.
- workshop, DIARY OF A WIMPY KID. Co-music & lyrics with Michael Mahler. Book by Kevin Del Aguila. Produced by Kevin McCollum and Fox Stage Productions. Notes taken, arcs improved, relationships deepened. Getting there.